Junior Summer Programme
Dalmac’s Junior Summer Centre is an international school, welcoming students from over 8 different countries, including local Irish students who enjoy integrating with and befriending our foreign visitors while they also study language.
Our Junior Summer Programme has been successfully running since 1989. Many agents and students from those early days continue to work with Dalmac. Their much-appreciated loyalty is a clear indication of their satisfaction.
This Programme offers young students the experience of a lifetime. It is a highly energetic, fun packed language and activity course renowned for its quality and attention to detail.
The courses are based in St Joseph’s Convent during th emonth of July and in our premises during August. Both are located in Rush and offer modern and bright classroom facilities.
English classes take place Monday to Friday mornings.
- English teachers with third level degree and EFL qualifications.
- Every effort is made to ensure that there is a broad mix of student nationalities in each level.
- Fun packed classes with an emphasis on oral and aural skills.
- Class materials are provided by Dalmac.
- In house exams and assessments are carried out on a weekly basis.
- An end of course report and certificate will be provided to each student.
- Official Trinity College examinations are available to all students upon request (fees will apply).
- Supervised 30-minute study period takes place with the students’ Monitor each afternoon, allowing them to discuss what they have learned through the course of the day and to complete any assignment given during their EFL class.
Note: All these activities are included in the course fees.
- Students are encouraged to participate in these daily activities
- Activities are conducted through English further immersing students into an English-speaking environment, providing a happy and relaxed atmosphere to improve oral and aural skills
- Selection of sporting and/or cultural activities are made available to students
Daily/Weekly/Afternoon Activity Programmes
The Tuck Shop is open daily from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM and is within the school grounds.
Evening Social Programme (3 times a week)
To further extend integration and communication, Dalmac offers a controlled and supervised private social programme to its students and local teenagers. These include:
Note: Students attending evening activities held in venues outside Rush will be transported by private coach at no additional charge.
In order to broaden each student’s experience and knowledge of Ireland, its history, culture and traditions, excursions take place each Saturday or Sunday from 9:30AM- 5:30PM and Tuesdays from 1:30PM- 5:00PM.
Popular excursions include:
Great emphasis and effort is made to ensure that each student participates in as many activities and events as possible.
- Upon arrival each student will be assigned to a “clan” (Irish name for team or group).
- Daily and weekly tournaments and competitions are organised between the “clans” with a popular prize giving ceremony.
- Host family accommodation (Single/Twin room on a Full Board basis)
- Dalmac backpack school bag
- English tuition
- Class materials
- One full day excursion each week
- Information pack, maps and questionnaires
- Weekly in-house exam/assessment
- Prize giving ceremony
- Two half-day excursions each week
- Comprehensive afternoon activity programme
- Extensive evening entertainment programme
- End of course report and certificate