Dalmac has been providing its Academic Term or Year Programme since 1989 and have therefore established excellent links with a wide variety of schools throughout Ireland.
Our Academic Term or Year Programme is designed for students who wish to bring their English language skills to a high fluency level. Dalmac students are placed according to their age, in either a ‘Primary’ school or ‘Post Primary’ school and will participate in school-life as a typical Irish student.
The Irish Education System:
The Education System in Ireland is structured in two levels- “Primary” and “Post Primary” (Secondary) schools:
- Primary: age 4 – 12 years
- Secondary: age 12/13 – 17/18 Years
An Irish “Post Primary” (Secondary) school can be a 5 or 6 year cycle.
- Junior Cycle: 1stto 3rd Year culminating in the Junior Certificate (June of 3rd Year)
- Senior Cycle– 5th to 6th Year culminating in the Leaving Certificate (June 6th Year) to facilitate 3rd level entry.
4th Year (Transition Year) is offered in some schools, it offers both academic and practical learning.
When booking with Dalmac, students may request the following types of school:
- Day School or Boarding School
- All Male/Female or Co-educational
- Secular Staff or Religious Staff
- City Locations or Suburban Locations
- Community or Private Schools
Note: Boarding School: Students who opt to attend boarding school will stay in on-campus residence. If required students can be placed in host family accommodation for weekends and school closures/holidays.